As the kids these days say, “It’s blowin’ up”

It is.  After I sent the first message I went from 2 to 6 followers.

I went to class on Monday.  I told them the plan.

They asked me to move the due dates to the day before assignment were due.  Of course, they were incredibly polite.  They told me that it would be more effective if they received the Tweet the day before assignments were due…to serve as a final reminder to ‘get ‘er done.’ Duh, that seems completely logical.

When I logged on this afternoon to change the due dates the following had happened.

In one class, I moved from 6 to 24 followers (39 possible, although I don’t know how many have Twitter accounts).

In the other class, I moved from 2 to 10 followers (23 possible, again – I don’t know how many have Twitter accounts).

In this class, a student had already tagged me with a question.

Hmmm…this Twitter thing is catchy.  Thank goodness for HootSuite that will allow me to manage this project.

So, that’s where I am.  That’s where we are.  I’m excited to see what the semester will bring and this blog will serve me well as a record of what went right…and, of course, what went wrong.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Education, Postsecondary Education, Social Media, Teaching, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s